Hey guys! Today I’ve thought about those ratings you see on TV or Netflix. You know, it’s like pg14, mature and such. Well, I feel like some of these ratings are wrong.
I think that the ratings for violence is mostly correct. Rather it’s the inappropriate content movies that are wrongly rated. Put it this way, I’m sure many of y’all know the TV show “Friends” and a lot of you watch it. Now comes my point. It is rated pg 14. Technically, it isn’t that bad of a rating compared to others, but I think they should make it pg 13.
Also, In my opinion, I know that in different countries the’re are different ratings. But, here in Canada, there are the following.
- G – Suitable for viewing by all ages.
- PG – Parental guidance advised.
- 14A – Suitable for people 14 years of age or older. Those under 14 should view with an adult. No rental or purchase by those under 14. Parents cautioned. (Formerly “Adult Accompaniment (14)” in the Maritimes)
- 18A – Suitable for people 18 years of age or older. Those under 18 should view with an adult. No rental or purchase by those under 18. Parents strongly cautioned.
- R – Restricted to 18 years and over. No rental or purchase by those under 18. Content not suitable for minors.
- A – Adult. Film is not suitable for viewers under 18 years of age. (Formerly “Explicit Material (XXX)” in the Maritimes)
- E – Exempt.
My thought is that they should include a PG 13 or like a PG 15 or something like that. Because I’m not sure about your parents, but my parents strictly follow the ratings. So that means back in Grade 6 my teacher is referencing stuff from the TV show “Friends”, and everyone else is nodding and laughing. I’m just sitting there like a idiot, because I can’t watch the show.
So that’s my thoughts on the motion picture rating systems. Stay tuned for more stuff! Bye!